General terms and conditions for Saab/Scania Jubileum Foundation apartments in Sälen.
Decided by the Board of the Saab/Scania Jubileum Foundation and valid until further notice. The latest edition is always available on the Foundation’s website.
Who lets out?
The responsible landlord is the Saab/Scania Jubileum Foundation.
Who may rent?
The persons covered by the statutes of the staff foundation, namely:
- Employees of Saab AB, Scania CV AB, Orio AB and the respective group company (previously called Saab/Scania).
- Retirees from these companies.
Employee may not rent on behalf of others.
For how long may I rent?
- You may rent weekly from Sunday to Sunday, or for shorter periods from Sunday to Thursday or from Thursday to Sunday.
- During off-season, spring/summer/fall, you may be able to book per day.
How can an apartment be booked?
- Reservations are administered by Sälens Högfjällshotell, tel: 0280-871 00 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your reservation becomes binding only after the payment is registered in the account.
- You will then receive information about the pickup and return of keycards and other practical issues.
- The apartment rent does not include cleaning, toilet paper, washing up liquid, bed linen or towels.
What do I pay?
The rent for the period according to the booking confirmation.
What happens if several bookings are made at the same time?
The first person, who notifies Sälens Högfjällshotell and pays within 7 days, as specified above, will be given priority in relation to anyone signing up later.
What are the rules for cancellation?
- You must send your cancellation to Sälens Högfjällshotell. A cancellation is only valid after it has been confirmed by Sälens Högfjällshotell.
- The cancellation fee is always SEK 300, which will be deducted from the amount paid.
Access to the apartment
You will have access to the apartment from 15:00 on the day of arrival and you have to vacate no later than at 11:00 on the day of departure.
What are the tenant’s rights?
- The apartments’ size, number of beds and other equipment are listed in a separate information sheet, which is available in the apartment. A short version is accessible on the Foundation’s website under “Welcome to Sälen”. This document also specifies which services are included in the rent.
- If the apartment cannot be accessed at the agreed time and you are not offered another apartment of approximately the same size, then you have the right to terminate the rental agreement. Then you will receive a refund of everything you have paid, in addition to other proven additional costs that you may have had in this regard, net of the benefit you may have had from the apartment, up to a total maximum of SEK 5 000.
- Complaints during your stay must be reported immediately, but no later than 7 calendar days after the end of the rental period, initially to Sälens Högfjällshotell and then to Saab/Scania Jubileum Foundation, e-mail: email@example.com. Complaints received after that period will not be considered.
What are the tenant’s obligations?
- You and your party must take good care of the apartment and its contents and follow the code of conduct, instructions and regulations which apply. A good rule is to care for the staff foundation’s property as though it were your personal property.
- You are responsible for any damage that occurs to the property and its contents, if you or someone in your party has been negligent.
- You may not use the apartment for any purpose other than for recreational purposes and you may not allow more people than you indicated on your booking to stay overnight in the apartment.
- You must clean the apartment thoroughly before departure. If you neglect this, we will perform the cleaning at your expense. Failure to clean the apartment will result in a charge of SEK 1 500.
- You may book for cleaning to be performed in connection with your departure by contacting the reception at Sälens Högfjällshotell (for a price of SEK 1 495). Please book at least 3 days before departure.
The agreement ceases to apply with immediate effect…
- If you or someone in your party causes a disturbance in the apartment or in the vicinity.
- If you or someone in your party causes damage to the apartment or to the area.
- If the apartment is used for a purpose other than its intended purpose.
If the agreement is terminated due to one of the reasons above, you and your party must immediately vacate the apartment and you will not be entitled to recover any part of the rental amount.
You and the Saab/Scania Jubileum Foundation have the right to withdraw from the rental agreement if the apartment cannot be made available due to labor disputes, long-term disruption to the water and/or power supply, fire or other similar major events which neither you nor we could foresee or prevent. In such cases, the Saab/Scania Jubileum Foundation is obliged to refund the rental amount, with a deduction for the benefit you might have had from the apartment.
Contact and Booking
Reception Högfjällshotellet tel 0280-87 000